Pax Mediation are also extremely proud to announce that one of our own mediators, Oliver Dobson, has been nominated for ‘Newcomer of the Year Award’ at the National Mediation Awards 2022.
Oliver trained and qualified as a FMCA accredited mediator whilst working at Pax Mediation. This nomination shows that Oliver has demonstrated significant achievements in the field of mediation. Oliver has assisted Pax Mediation in working with stakeholders including the Department of Work and Pensions to develop an online Child Maintenance Calculator and its online portal, and Northumberland Domestic Abuse Service (NDAS).
Oliver is proactive in seeking training to complement his mediation skills, for example he has attended training to support his practice in working with clients who have endured domestic abuse, where there is neuro-diversity within the family, and to develop his awareness of his child safeguarding duties.
Oliver is committed to Equal Opportunities and as a young man in the family mediation world he is in a significant minority! Oliver has worked with interpreters to support our clients and with clients with addiction and mental health issues. He has also worked with deaf and blind clients and amended all our client facing documents in accessible format so that they could be entered into a Braille machine.
He has received exceptional feedback over the years.
· One client in feedback sent to Pax after mediation said she felt. "A weight had been lifted off her shoulders and that "she wasn't alone as a parent anymore".
· Another said their experience of mediation with Oliver was that they had been able to have the "most productive conversation that we’ve had in several years”.
· Another told Oliver it “Wouldn’t have been possible without you”.
· Another “Thank you for all of your efforts up to this point, I found you to be both very helpful and professional.”
· And following a successful mediation: “We never got round to thanking you for your hard work in assisting in our mediation. I only wish we had all met under different circumstances. Your professionalism throughout has been second to none and I would certainly recommend you to all my friends should the need ever arise. Best wishes in your career i am sure you have a lot of successful divorces ahead of you.“
The awards are being hosted by BBC Presenter Joanna Gosling on the 8th December at the Members’ and Strangers’ Dining Rooms of the House of Commons. We will be rooting for Oliver!